by Captain Lyaf Yarr
Have you ever thought of the process of writing a book, getting it published, and making a movie out of it? Well, if you have (or haven't) then I have another question for you. What job in the process would you want to do? You could be so many things from being the author, the narrator, the main character (in the book or movie), with the publisher, or the director.
- Be the author of your favorite book. I would love to be the first person to come up with the idea and have others love my writing, wouldn't you? It's a lot of tough work though involving many solitary hours spent writing. Then you have to go through the process of finding an agent and/or publisher and face a lot of rejection before (if you're lucky) getting picked up. After that is all the time spent on revisions and editing and rewriting. It's not for the fainthearted.
- Be the narrator of the book. I like reading aloud! So being able to read my favorite book and have people listen to my favorite book to would be awesome! It too is a lot of tough work because you're not just reading, you're acting. I know my mom says I'm a chatterbox but Jim Dale beats all. I heard somewhere that when prepping for an audiobook he talks nonstop for eight hours at high volume for several days before starting. He also does a huge amount of research into his voices.
- Be the main character in your favorite book. I think it would be fun to have the same experiences as the main character in some of my books. They are always doing something interesting and they always win in the end. At times it might be terrifying, but as the main character you'd be secure in the knowledge that you'd make it through and have a happy ending.
- Be the actor/actress depicting the main character in the movie based off of a book. I could play Bella or Hermione! Okay, so I look nothing like either of them, but still, it would be great fun! Because not only would I be able to play on the sets of my favorite books but I could become famous or work with famous people! Robert Pattinson anyone? I'd play female lead to his male lead anytime!
- Be the agent for your favorite author. You are on the front lines as an agent talking with authors, helping them sell their books, being in contact with publishers. There's a lot you got to know, but it sounds like so much fun, doesn't it? Wouldn't you feel great helping an author become famous?
- Be the director of the movie based off of your favorite book. To be in charge of such a project would be beyond amazing. Think of all the decisions and control you have in bringing to life a treasured tale to the silver screen?
- Be the cover artist or illustrator. If you're a creative soul but writing isn't your outlet, this would be an fabulous job. You create the illustrations and book jacket for books and get to read everything first without the pressure associated with ensuring the story is perfect.
- Be with the publisher. There's lots of jobs within publishing and I certainly don't know them all, but I think it would be exceptionally cool to work with a publisher or to run my own company. Nothing is better then being one of the first people to read a bestselling book.
Is there something I missed? Do you work with books? What do you do? Tell everyone about the job! Share below in the comments!
- People Postcards Collectibles
- Waterman Fountain Pens Pens & Writing Instruments Collectibles
- Polarized Reading Sunglasses for Fishing Clothing, Shoes & Accessories Fishing
- Movie & Video Game Weapons Knives, Swords & Blades Collectibles
- People Statues & Yard Art Garden Decor Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living