Jus Accardo - Guest blogger and author of Touch (A Denazen Novel)
While you may think having extra special abilities wouldn’t be something a person could overlook, it does, on occasion, happen. So to help those who are a bit confused, I’ve compiled a little check list.
- If you wake up to find stuff around your room—including pets—floating five feet off the floor, there’s a good chance you’re a Six. That, or some of your friends are playing a nasty trick involving invisible wire.
- If each time you sneeze, the entire city looses power for a week, you’re either a Six…or you’ve discovered a new strain of the common cold and should quarantine yourself to the mountains.
- If you go to check yourself out in the mirror and don’t find a reflection, you might be a Six with the ability to become invisible. Or a vampire. (Just kidding. Vampires don’t really exist—what do you think this is—fiction?!?)
- If you step into the sunshine and blind people with your sparkly—wait—wrong book…
- If you tell your kid brother to go play in traffic—and he does—you’re a Six. Consider contracting laryngitis or possibly becoming a monk and taking a vow of silence.
- If you can light a cigarette without using a match (or a lighter), there’s a better than average chance you’re a Six. Stay away from large quantities of hay and dry leaves, as well as book stores (those things do not like fire). I’d suggest buying a houseboat and moving to the middle of the ocean.
Now here’s a question for you. If you were a Six and could pick your ability—what would it be?
Touch ~ Coming November 1, 2011 from Entangled Publishing