Reviewed by First Mate Keira
Title: Will Work for Prom Dress
Author: Aimee Ferris
Page Count: 272 pages
Grade Reading Level: Ages 12-16
Summary: Quigley Johnson and her best friend Anne Parisi have joined together to get jobs, buy dresses, find dates, and go to prom. It’s all part of the betterment plan. But playing a corpse or dressing as pickle aren’t exactly glamorous, that’s why when Anne’s designer mom offers them positions as models for fledgling designers they both jump on it. They like 2 young men there, but with two boys courting them at school it’s hard to know who to ask as their formal date.
Why I started this book:
Goodreads recommended it to me based on books in my TBR pile.
- How Quigley handles David throughout the book and especially at the end when his pranks are hurting others.
- Poor Quigley goes through a lot of minor mortifications – face full of dressing as the corpse, having to dress as a pickle, etc. She gets through it all with aplomb.
- I like how she gets her art focus and pursues it almost absently. Additionally I love how her anger at life gives her a great idea for a speech.
- Anne is sort of a good friend. There are things she does well, like stick with Quigley through thick and thin, but then there’s a lot she does not. One of which is leaving Quigley behind while chasing after boys. She also gets into a scrape with the police for vandalism.
- Zander was really harsh at one point in the book and honestly I don’t feel Quigley should have gotten back together with him, despite his reasons. They could have been friends. I would have preferred that honestly.
- This book was one I picked up and put down a bit, but once I pushed through the slow part it was smooth sailing.
Rating: 3 Treasure Chests
[phpbay]will work prom dress ferris, 10, “”, “”[/phpbay]Online Stores
- Great Lakes Books & Video Fishing
- Hats, Helmets Great Britain Original Period Items WW II (1939-45) Militaria Collectibles
- Love Hina Japanese, Anime Animation Art, Characters Collectibles
- Medals, Pins, Ribbons Great Britain Original Period Items WW II (1939-45) Militaria Collectibles
- Edward VII UK (Great Britain) Stamps