Reviewed by First Mate Keira
Title: Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, Book 1)
Author: Jennifer Estep
Format: Digital ebook
Page Count: 336 pages
Grade Reading Level: Ages 15+
Summary: Mythos Academy is a boarding school for children of myths and legends. Gwen is a total outcast because she’s a Gypsy and has no special fighting abilities and in point of fact doesn’t really believe anybody is related to the gods. But Gwen has a gift which only Mythos can teach her about – she can wield psychometry, which allows her to see a person’s memories, feelings or thoughts when she touches objects – and so to Mythos she goes. Surviving high school has taken on a whole new meaning.
Why I started this book:
I saw how many people were reading it and were loving it so I had to get a copy and see for myself!
- Hot Spartans, especially deadly Logan Quinn. It’s cute that he calls her Gypsy Girl (mostly to grab her attention/get under her skin.)
- The girl sleuthing going on trying to figure out who killed Jasmine Ashton at the Library of Antiquities and stole the Bowl of Tears.
- Gwen and Daphne Cruz’s change from enemies/acquaintances to friends.
- Gwen becoming the champion of Nike.
- Gwen Frost lands a spot at Mythos Academy when she helps stop a girl from her old school getting raped by her stepdad. Was this really necessary? I get the girl power side of the equation but still it’s a little overkill. Why couldn’t Gwen’s mother’s tragic car accident be the only reason she was going and leave the fact that she never went before to family politics between the dead mother and living grandmother?
Last Minute Thoughts: Ready for book two please!
Rating: 4 Treasure Chests
[phpbay]touch frost estep, 10, “”, “”[/phpbay]