by First Mate Keira
Title: The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods, Book 4)
Author: Melissa de la Cruz
Page Count: 384
Grade Reading Level: 9th Grade +
Summary: The Van Alen Legacy begins approximately a year after the events of Revelations. We find Schuyler and Oliver at a party in Paris where the European Conclave will attend. She’s there looking for sanctuary as she’s been unfairly accused as her grandfather’s murderer by the New York Conclave.
After the blowout between Mimi and Jack at the end of Revelations, Mimi has left New York to join Kingsley and his team of Venators. She’s done this for two reasons: first to force Jack into missing and wanting her; second to be of use and do something active because most of the New York Conclave’s most powerful members are gone forever… consumed. She and Kingsley are on the trail of Jordan, who is really Sophia the Watcher.
Bliss is fighting to remember who she is and is trapped inside her own body. It shocks and decimates her to realize she’s lost a year of her life to Lucifer. Some dad! When suspicions are aroused, he gives her back some control. Can she figure out how to keep him out or is she doomed to be his slave?
Why I started this book:
I started this book because I finished reading Revelations, the third book in the Blue Blood series, and The Van Alen Legacy was the next one published.
- Charles Force actually doing something very archangel-like. Finally he’s got his head out of his butt and is taking charge, even if the Conclave doesn’t think so.
- Jack asking Schuyler to come with him back to New York. He puts himself out there even though he’s aware of her conflict with Oliver.
- Oliver getting Jack to go with Schuyler at the end of the novel. I like him for it.
- Kingsley and Mimi together. He’s good for her and hopefully with him in the picture Mimi will let Jack go.
- I still find Mimi a vacuous character, but Cruz is revealing hidden depths to her. I hope to like her completely in another few books. For being Jack’s twin, his bonded, she might understand him but she doesn’t get him. If she did, she’d realize her Venator plan is a crap plan for getting him back.
- Lucifer’s body snatching of Bliss. A great idea but very creepy to think about. I’m glad it got solved quickly.
- Schuyler looking away from Jack’s true vampire/angel form. She should embrace him for his darkness and Destruction. I sincerely hope she gets another chance to prove herself.
Last Minute Thoughts: Cruz has stated this series will have ten books in total. I can’t wait for the next one to come out. How about you?
Rating: 4 Treasure Chests
[phpbay]van alen legacy cruz, 10, 377, “”[/phpbay]Online Stores
- Plan Wooden Planters, Pots & Window Boxes Gardening & Plants Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living
- Cracker Jack Candy & Nuts Advertising Collectibles
- Blue Croydon Orchids Plants, Seeds & Bulbs Gardening & Plants Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living
- Columbus Blue Jackets Hockey-NHL Fan Apparel & Souvenirs Sports Collectibles
- Shirts Toronto Blue Jays Baseball-MLB Fan Apparel & Souvenirs Sports Collectibles