Reviewed by Second Mate Embry
Title: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Author: Ann Brashares
Page Count: 294 pages
Grade Reading Level: Ages 12 and up
Summary: Lena, Tibby, Bridget, and Carmen are about to spend their 1st summer apart when they stumble upon "the pants" in Carmen's closet. As they try them on, all four girls realize that it fits perfectly. Strange! They all have different body types, that shouldn't be possible. Over the course of the summer the pants are sent from Greece, to Mexico, to South Carolina, and back home to Washington D.C. connecting the four teens even though they are thousands of miles apart.
Why I started this book:
I like the movies Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 1&2.
- Bailey, Tibby's new friend with lukemia helps put perspective into Tibby's life.
- How the pants bring the girls closer together.
- The perspective changes throughout the book so you see into all 4 girls' lives.
- There are sequels!
- It got a little slow sometimes in the narrative.
- Al's new family. They annoy me as much as they did Carmen. And then things magically resolved and suddenly everything that was wrong was perfect.
Rating: 3.5 Treasure Chests