Reviewed by First Mate Keira
Title: The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus, Book 3)
Author: Rick Riordan
Format: Audio Book
Page Count: 586 Pages
Grade Reading Level: Ages 9-12
Summary: The seven demigod prophecy, otherwise called the Great Prophesy, is finally, finally, underway. After a bumpy start, with Leo firing on the Roman camp (justifiably angering the Romans, although not everything is as it seems), the group heads east across the continental US to cross the Atlantic Ocean and head to Rome. Will they make it there in time to stop the Gia, close the Doors of Death, and rescue their friend Nico de Angelo? Oh and can Annabeth avenge her mother?
Why I started this book:
Love Rick Riordan’s Greek/Roman book series, can’t wait for more! Joshua Swanson is really a great narrator too.
- Leo Valdez’s scene with Narcissus and the naiads/water nymphs and Echo.
- Rick is good at juggling the need to focus on each of the various characters and what they are doing. His cohesiveness on the multiple plots is perfect and is weaved together quite nicely. Humor everywhere! Love it.
- Jason, Percy, Leo! Dream team! More interactions please.
- The Chinese finger trap.
- Piper. Can I give her a push off a cliff?
- Leo as Sam-look-a-like. Say what?
Last Minute Thoughts: CLIFFHANGER AAAAAAAHHHH! Well done. Well done.
Rating: 5 Treasure Chests
|The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus, Book 3), Riordan, Rick, Good Book||US $10.00||1d 4h 11m|