by Captain Lyaf Yarr
Title: The Girl Who Owned a City
Author O.T. Nelson
Page Count: 200
Grade Reading Level: 5.1, Ages 12-17
Summary: In a city called Glenbard a plague took place. Everyone over the age of 12 was dead. Once the plague passed, all the kids under 12 didn’t know what to do. That was when Lisa and her brother Todd decided to make a militia. Everything was going well until the Tom Logan, the leader of the Chidester Gang takes over Glenberd and treats all the citizens cruelly and unfair. Will Lisa’s plan to regain her city work? Or will she and everyone else be disappointed as it fails?
Why I Started This Book:
I read this book because it was assigned as a class project.
- I liked Lisa’s confidence and bravery throughout the book. It was as if nothing could bring her down.
- I like the character Craig. I especially liked the scene when he and Lisa were first driving to the secret place and Lisa thought that the warehouse was already looked through by someone else, but because of Craig they discovered that no one had actually took any supplies.
- I didn’t like how when the Chidester gang burnt down Lisa’s and Todd’s house, all of Lisa’s boundless confidence disappeared because of it.
- I didn’t really get why this book was divided into 3 sections. It just seemed to be there just to be there. Why are books divided into parts?
Last minute thoughts:
At first when my reading teacher assigned this book to me I was almost positive that I would have to force myself to read it because of the cover. I think it’s ugly and scary. I started reading and actually liked it. Just goes to show you can’t judge a book by its cover.
Book Rating: I give this book 3.5 Treasure Chests.
- Panama City Fl Trips Fishing
- Resin Girl Gnomes & Sprites Statues & Yard Art Garden Decor Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living
- Girl Kitesurfing Surf Store
- Cover Fire Pits Outdoor Cooking & Eating Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living Nursery
- With Cover Floats & Rafts Pool Fun Pools & Spas Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living