by First Mate Keira
Title: Summer’s Crossing (Iron Fey Series, Book 3.5)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Format: Digital ebook
Page Count: 53 pages
Grade Reading Level: Grade 6+
Summary: Told from Robin Goodfellow’s point of view, Summer's Crossing is a brief interlude between The Iron Queen and The Iron Knight in the Iron Fey Series. Puck helps Ash complete a favor for the exiled faery queen, Leanansidhe. She wants Ash to sneak into the Summer Court and steal back what Queen Titania stole from her – a pretty violin. Talk about mission impossible; Puck’s favorite kind!
Why I started this book:
I love the Iron Fey Series.
- Puck’s jealousy over Ash’s romance with Meghan. This is the first time we get into his head and he does love her – it’s not just a whimsical notion and the fact that he knows he acted too late is deliciously angsty.
- Oberon’s conversation with Puck. Will Puck betray Ash in Arcadia and use this opportunity to get rid of his competition for Meghan’s heart? Wouldn’t she finally see him with ice-boy gone?
- Meghan’s part of the story only because she occupies space in both boys’ thoughts and is the reason behind some of their actions. I wish there’d been something more – a little communication from her by note would have been nice.
- No Grimalkin! Sob! I love that cat!
Last Minute Thoughts: Because Winter's Passage (Book 2.5) was incorporated in The Iron Queen (Book 3) you can be pretty sure that the important bits of Summer's Crossing will be found in The Iron Knight (Book 4).
Rating: 3 Treasure Chests
- Queen Inflatable Mattresses, Airbeds Bedding Home Store
- E-Series Van Ford Hybrid Vehicles
- That Bloom All Summer Perennials Flower Seeds Plants, Seeds & Bulbs Gardening & Plants Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living Nursery
- Queen Victoria Royal Memorabilia Historical Memorabilia Collectibles
- Tokens: Love Exonumia Coins & Paper Money