by First Mate Keira
Title: Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy Series, Book 5)
Author: Richelle Mead
Page Count: 481
Grade Reading Level: Grade 9+
Summary: One thing Rose found out while hunting Dimitri in the last book was that he was extremely hard to kill. Oh and there’s a possibility that he can be returned to his dhampir state through the use of spirit… but the only way to get that information is through Victor, the Moroi who kidnapped and tortured Lissa into healing him from the first book. Unless Rose is willing to break the guy out of jail the point is moot because he’s not telling what he knows. The situation is made all the more desperate because Dimitri is sending little love notes telling her he’s looking forward to her graduation from the Academy.
Why I started this book:
This is the second to last book in the series and I’ve read the others.
- The guardian final test before graduation was awesome. I like that they gave Rose a harder test than the others because of her real world experience.
- Rose is giving Adrian his chance to win her heart. They’re dating and any man who can withstand a meeting with Rose’s dad earns my respect. Their kisses are hot and while they both think they want more they’re waiting instead of jumping feet first into the sexual side of their relationship.
- Spoiler: I love angst and good angst like Rose getting framed for the murder of the Moroi queen is awesome. This plot thread is the cliff hanger between this book and the final book, Last Sacrifice.
- Dimitri is such a jerk. Honestly… I fully agree with Rose’s assessment of the situation in regards to how he’s acting toward her and toward Lissa.
- The Queen voting for dhampirs to lose even more of their childhood and freedom by forcing them to become guardians by age 16. If the Moroi wouldn’t send their full-blooded 16 year old Moroi children into battle, what gives them the right to do that to their half-blooded children?
- Rose forgetting about Adrian after talking to Sydney. Of course by doing so the author can thrust Rose into the angst ridden situation that I like a lot but still, it was hurtful to the relationship between her and Adrian and I don’t like anything to jeopardize that.
Rating: 4.5 Treasure Chests
|SPIRIT BOUND Bk. 5 by RICHELLE MEAD (2011) PB LIKE NEW LOW SHIPPING VAMPIRE||US $4.99||4d 4h 39m|
- Back of Book Canada Stamps
- Children Patterns Sewing Collectibles
- Love, Romance Cherished Teddies Enesco Decorative Collectible Brands Decorative Collectibles Collectibles
- Queen Bed-in-a-Bag Bedding Home Store
- I Love Lucy Hollywood Barbie & Friends Barbie Dolls Barbie Contemporary (1973-Now) Dolls Dolls & Bears