Reviewed by First Mate Keira
Title: Spell Bound (Hex Hall, Book 3)
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Page Count: x
Grade Reading Level: x
Summary: Sophie Mercer is not a witch. She’s a demon. Just as she got used to her magical powers, the Prodigium Council yanks them away. Will she ever get them back? Under the care of her sworn enemies Sophie learns that a war is brewing and the sides of good and bad are blurring.
Why I started this book:
I wanted to complete the trilogy.
- What the real bad guy was doing when nobody else was looking to gain power.
- Sophie and Archer. J
- Elodie, the witch ghost, and how she helps Sophie during crisis situations. (But not so much when she does the same thing for proving points.)
- To be honest, when I started the book I could barely recall what had happened in the series already. It took a bit to get back into the book.
- It was lacking in emotional depth when it came to big reveals. The secrets get exposed and then it is business as usual.
- Archer getting tortured; Cal being forced to heal him again and again and again. Students being forced to torture.
- Character death... again.
Rating: 3 Treasure Chests
|Spell Bound: A Hex Hall Novel by Rachel Hawkins (2012) SIGNED 1st/1st||US $39.99||3d 12h 27m|