Reviewed by First Mate Keira
Title: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, Book 4)
Author: Brandon Mull
Page Count: 535 pages
Grade Reading Level: Ages 9-12
Summary: Patton directs through clever means the location of more artifacts. It's located in a wild dragon sanctuary, guarded by one of the original mages that created the Zzyzx prison. Expect dragons, more dragons, some more dragons and betrayal.
Why I started this book:
I'm pretty much devouring this series. It is quite excellent. Each book builds on the other and when new plot points arise I like that it comes across naturally and not as an automatic out for the author.
- The sequence where the team faces the challenges in the Dragon Temple – especially the encounter with the poison dragon, though the bit with the sleeping dragon on the way out is also excellent.
- The adopted fairy-dragon. He’s got some bite!
- Seth’s abilities as a Shadow Charmer.
- Gavin’s character development. What just happened? On one hand, excellent bait and switch, on the other hand the guy isn’t sinister enough to be super evil scary.
- Like Lost Mesa, Wyrmroost, the Dragon Sanctuary, seems like a perfect place to leave well enough alone. Is it me or does it feel that the good guys are doing the bad guys work for them by attempting to gather all the artifacts first?
- Seth hiding in the expandable bag, will this kid never learn? Do what you’re told not what you want to do!
Rating: 4 Treasure Chests
|Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary By Mull, Brandon/ Dorman, Brandon (ILT)||US $12.46||15h 40m|