by First Mate Keira
Title: Masquerade (Blue Bloods, Book 2)
Author: Melissa de la Cruz
Narrator: Christina Moore
CD Count + Minutes: 6 CDs (7 Hours)
Grade Reading Level: 9th Grade +
Summary: After her grandmother’s death, Schuyler heads to Italy in hopes of finding her grandfather, Lawrence Van Alen. Cordelia felt he would be able to shed light on the Silver Bloods and help Schuyler become a better vampire… something he doesn’t appear to be too keen to do. As a half-blood she could use all the help she can get, especially after her human and vampire blood start to fight for dominance.
Meanwhile, back in New York, Mimi is helping plan the traditional Four Hundred Ball where she and her brother Jack will be presented to all Blue Bloods with their official angel/vampire names. She’s also planning an exclusive after party for the teen vampires from the Duchesne school. She can’t wait to spill the beans about how she and Jack are destined to be together forever as a bonded pair.
Bliss keeps having blackouts and waking up in odd locations. Some of the time its like she’s trying to sleepwalk and kill herself – drowning in Central Park, flinging herself off of skyscrapers, it’s maddening. What’s going on and will it ever stop? How is this normal?
Why I started this book:
I just finished reading Blue Bloods and Masquerade is book two in the Blue Bloods series.
- I liked the Masquerade ball and the mysterious gentleman with the black mask who kisses Schuyler. It’s a cute scene.
- Christina Moore continues to excel as a narrator. I would gladly listen to any fictional story that she read.
- Dylan comes back – he’s not been killed off by a Silver Blood.
- Kingsley the new Blue Blood at Duchesne isn’t what he appears to be – but is he friend or foe?
- Making Mimi Force sweat made me ridiculously happy. I knew she'd get off, she's clearly not the one harboring Silver Bloods, that'd be too easy.
- The clear set up of Oliver as a second love interest.
- Chares Force is a big pain and doesn’t act very much like an archangel to me. Is he going to rise and be Michael or is he going to remain an ostrich with his head in the sand? This constant denial of Silver Blood return is old.
Rating: 3.5 Stars
|Masquerade - de La Cruz, Melissa 9781423101277||US $6.06||1d 7h 33m|
- Waste Ball Valves Watering Equipment Gardening & Plants Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living
- United Kingdom Non-U.S. Silver Silver Antiques
- France Non-U.S. Silver Silver Antiques
- Jackets Toronto Blue Jays Baseball-MLB Fan Apparel & Souvenirs Sports Collectibles
- Poland Foreign Silver Silver Bullion Coins & Paper Money