Reviewed by First Mate Keira
Title: Lost (The Magic Thief, Book 2)
Author: Sarah Prineas
Narrator: Greg Steinbruner
Listening Length: 6 hours and 22 minutes
Grade Reading Level: Grade 5+
Summary: Pyrotechnics and magic do not mix. They combust! Big huge explosions! The kind that get you an order of exile. But without his locus magicalicus Conn can’t communicate with the magic without literally fireworks. Nevery warns him that his experimentation will blow up in his face, but Conn doesn’t listen. There’s an evil spreading terror by turning people into stone within the city and Conn just knows that the magic knows what’s going on if only he could understand.
Why I started this book:
Because I enjoyed the first Magic Thief book so much and I wanted to read the next one.
- I like the idea of magic as a living being with magic spells being part of its inherent language. That’s pretty unique.
- This story really enlarges Conn’s character. He grows up and faces tough situations and makes equally tough decisions.
- Love Benet and his concern for the boy. He’s a good mediator between Conn and Nevery.
- Love Greg Steinbruner as the narrator now that I’m used to him.
- One of the bad guys commits suicide. A little too easy to get rid of him in that way but was written in a believable manner so the complaint is a small one.
Last Minute Thoughts: What does Wellmet’s magical being think of this evil magical being? I guess I'll find out soon!
Rating: 4 Treasure Chests
|The Magic Thief Collection Sarah Prineas 3 Books Set (Lost, Found, Magic Thief)||US $18.99||1d 8h 11m|
- Mermaids Fantasy, Mythical & Magic Collectibles
- Calendars Dragons Fantasy, Mythical & Magic Collectibles
- Magic Mountian Harp & Dulcimer String Acoustic Musical Instruments
- Swords Lord of the Rings Fantasy, Mythical & Magic Collectibles
- Mirrors and Plaques Dragons Fantasy, Mythical & Magic Collectibles