Reviewed by First Mate Keira
Title: Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, Book 5)
Author: Brandon Mull
Page Count: 593 pages
Grade Reading Level: Ages 9-12
Summary: The demon prison, Zzyzx, was guarded by the best. Its key was broken up into five magical artifacts and scattered to five secret locations. To unite them all and open the prison is a nearly impossible task, but according to the rules of magic nearly impossible, is still possible. Will Kendra and Seth be able to stop Gorgrog, the Demon King, from escaping?
Why I started this book:
This series has been excellent. All the pieces of plot were built properly and wrap up very nicely. There are no gaping holes. Kudos to the author. Excellent job!
- The Fairy Queen gives up her realm for the good of all. Talk about sacrifice and a clever, hilarious ending – be careful what you covet, because the grass isn’t always greener.
- Hugo is my favorite character from the series. He’s like Pinocchio. Each book makes him more real than the book before.
- Bracken, the unicorn that gave up his horns to protect the world from the demons.
- Road trip with Seth, Vanessa, Hugo and our favorite satyrs.
- The magic sword of epic-kick-butt-ness. The rules of power and use were tweaked just a bit too much for me, but it still worked.
- The Eternals. What a waste.
- The demons in the prison were not that scary to fight. I think Nagi Luna and Graulus were scarier.
Rating: 4 Treasure Chests
|Keys to the Demon Prison 5 by Brandon Mull (2011, Paperback)||US $6.00||1d 2h 38m|