Reviewed by First Mate Keira
Title: Just for Fins (Fins, Book 3)
Author: Tera Lynn Childs
Page Count: 256 pages
Grade Reading Level: Ages 13 and up
Summary: When Lily decided she couldn’t give up being the Crown Princess of the underwater mermaid kingdom Thalassinia, she knew she would be taking a more active role. She and Tellin, the merman she bonded with in order to keep her kingdom, struggle to gain support and aid for his dying kingdom, Acropora. They are laughed right out of the room. Apparently changing ocean climate is affecting all mermaid kingdoms and everybody requires help and aid of some kind or another. Nobody has anything they can spare, or do they? Lily decides to visit each kingdom to see the devastation firsthand and come up with a plan.
Why I started this book:
I have read the other books in this series and liked them.
- Dosinia helps instead of hinders this go around! Woo!
- Lily’s best mer friend becomes her advisor and helps Lily be a princess/ambassador.
- The cute underwater jokes keep on coming – you gotta love mer humor.
- I wasn’t convinced that a bonded Lily with one boy, Tellin, could still maintain a relationship with the other boy, Quince.
- Another ancient mer law has Quince proving himself again with three tasks to test his strength – physically, emotionally, and mentally. This time, Lily can’t help him.
- Between the first two points there isn’t much on-page time between Lily and Quince.
- Even the uppity mean girls lose their bite and join Lily’s team to help save the oceans. There wasn’t even an attempt at backstabbing.
Rating: 4 Treasure Chests
|.. Just for Fins by Tera Lynn Childs Hcover NEW||US $25.89||10h 48m|