by Master Llama, guest reviewer
Title: If I Stay
Author: Gayle Forman
Page Count: 208 Pages
Grade Reading Level: Ages 14+; Grades 10-12
Summary: Mia’s a really good cello player. Her dad used to be in a band, but now he’s a professor. She’s very shy and quiet. She got into a car crash and gets into a coma. She lives outside of her body and the story takes place all in one day. She realizes she has the decision to stay or go on into the afterlife. Her parents are dead but her boyfriend is still alive and she thinks she can make it into Julliard.
Why I read this book:
I went on Amazon to find books to read and I found it there. It looked really interesting and the fact the main character liked music cinched it. The main character reminded me of my friend Cook Cutlery.
- I loved that Mia was so involved in music. I am such a music geek so it really makes me happy to find characters in books who are the same. She’s an Orch Dork which is even better.
- I really liked her relationship with Adam and how it was revealed in flashbacks throughout the story.
- It sounds like a super gooey depressing book but it’s not. The flashbacks are key to changing the tone. They open up a lot of happy times and moments to process. It’s not all doom and gloom.
- I didn’t like that her little brother died too. I understood the parents dying, but not the little brother. That made me sad.
Rating: 4.5 Treasure Chests
|If I Stay: If I Stay Series, Book 1 by Gayle Forman NEW||US $12.70||1h 39m|
- Tweety Warner Bros. Animation Characters Animation Art, Characters Collectibles
- Care Bears Animation Characters Animation Art, Characters Collectibles
- Music Presley, Elvis P Rock, Pop Music Memorabilia Entertainment Memorabilia
- Rock Sheet Music Sheet Music & Song Books
- Hawaiian Sheet Music Sheet Music & Song Books