Reviewed by Captain Lyaf Yarr
Title: Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix
Author: J.K. Rowling
Format: Hard Back
# of pages 870
Grade Reading Level: 5.9; 4-8 grade
Summary: If Harry Potter expected Lord Voldemort to make a sudden and frightening reappearance to the wizarding world, he would be dead wrong. No, Lord Voldemort plans are must more sinister than that! With the wizarding world thinking that he is crazy and Dumbledore is a fool, no preparations are being made to stop Voldemort and no help will come until it is far too late. Dreams are not the only thing stalking Harry at Hogwarts this year--Madam Umbridge, the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher and ministry plant, is far meaner and more dangerous even if she wears pink and love fluffy kittens.
Why I Started the Book:
I read this book because I'm continuing my rereading of all the Harry Potter books and movies. Can't wait to restart Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince!
- Luna Lovegood. She is an independent and quirky character. I love how everyone thinks she's weird and she doesn't care. I wish I could be more like her!
- The secret organization known as the Order of the Phoenix. I thought it was a clever and great group of witches and wizards. If you got to fight evil nobody else will do.
- The Sorting Hat song when it said that the four houses and their petty bickering should be set aside, that it was imperative to unite Hogwarts on the inside or it would crumple from within like a stack of cards. You got to be able to trust your friends and contemporaries or you'll be paranoid like Mad-Eye Moody.
- Dumbledore's Army in the Room of Requirement. I really enjoyed reading their secret meetings. What a great club! I think that Harry could be a good Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher if becoming an Auror doesn't work out for him.
- Harry's Occlumency with Snape. It gave me sick pleasure. I love to see these guys at one another's throats.
- The fight between Voldemort, Dumbledore and Harry was cool and interesting at the Ministry in the Atrium. Good thing that fountain got destroyed now they can commission a better one.
- Umbridge is that character you love to hate. As you can see you don't need to have a Dark Mark on your arm to be deluded, crazy, and evil.
- Kreacher, I thought that he was obnoxious.
- Sirius dying. Why does he have to die? He was Harry's only family! I really loved him. R.I.P. Padfoot.
- Marietta. She was the person that told Umbridge about Dumbledore's Army. How rude! Nobody likes a snitch.
- Percy Weasley. He was all goody-goody and a
teacher's petminister toady. Where's the family loyalty? Tell me that.
Book Rating: I give this book 4 treasure chests!
|Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Year 5 by J. K. Rowling (2003, Hardcov||0 Bid||US $2.50||1h 24m|
- Love, Romance Cherished Teddies Enesco Decorative Collectible Brands Decorative Collectibles Collectibles
- Midge & Same-Size Friends Friends & Family Barbie Contemporary (1973-Now) Dolls Dolls & Bears
- Tiny Tears American Character By Brand, Company, Character Dolls Dolls & Bears
- Figurines, Statues Harry Potter Fantasy, Mythical & Magic Collectibles
- Phoenix Coyotes Hockey-NHL Fan Apparel & Souvenirs Sports Collectibles