Reviewed by Captain Lyaf Yarr
Title: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Author: J.K. Rowling
# of pages: 341
Grade Reading Level: 4-8 Grade
Summary: It is Harry Potter’s second year at Hogwarts of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Dark omens are rising even before he sets foot on the school train. A little House Elf warns Harry to stay away from school as dark and dangerous things are about to be unleashed. Ignoring the warning Harry returns. There he finds a new Defense Against the Dark Arts’ teacher, old rivalries, creepy messages and even creepier voices that nobody can hear. Trouble it seems has come to Hogwarts.
Why I Started the Book:
I started this book because I am rereading the series to find clues about what happens in Deathly Hallows.
- I always thought it was cool that Harry was a Parselmouth and could speak to snakes. We knew from Sorcerer’s Stone that he could but it wasn’t until this book that we, like Harry understood just how bad that is. However if you look at Harry’s interactions with snakes you can tell that the ability is not necessarily evil, it’s just another language one can speak.
- The actual Chamber of Secrets is very fun and clever. What do you think the other founders would have stored in a secret chamber if they had had one?
- I LOVED when Professor Snape trumped Professor Lockhart during the wizard duel–he deserved it! I also enjoyed when Professor Lockhart tried using Ron’s wand against him and Harry only to lose his memory. I think it was an improvement!
- I didn’t like Gilderoy Lockhart. Most of the time he was oblivious and wanted to be in front of the camera.
- The chapter about Aragog freaked me out! I’m not a very big fan of spiders, just like Ron. I am so glad I wasn’t in that forest!
- I wasn’t a fan of the Death Day party for Nearly Headless Nick because it didn’t seem to further the plot and the idea of the smell of moldy food filling the room overwhelms me through the pages.
Book Rating: I give this book 3.5 treasure chest.
[phpbay]chamber secrets, 5, 29792, “”[/phpbay]
[phpbay]chamber secrets, 5, 377, “”[/phpbay]
- Book Statues & Yard Art Garden Décor Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living Nursery
- Back of Book United States Stamps
- Stone Arches & Gazebos Garden Structures & Fencing Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living
- Stone Cross Windmills Garden Decor Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living
- Celestial Globe Glows In Dark Garden Stakes Garden Décor Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living Nursery