By Second Mate Embry, guest reviewer
Title: Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane
Author: Suzanne Collins
Page Count: 309
Format: Hard Cover
Grade Reading Level: 6-8
Summary: Gregor doesn’t expect to go back to the Underland world ever again. This all changes when Boots, his sister, gets kidnapped by giant cockroaches that inhabit Regalia. Determined to save her, Gregor returns only to discover that he is trapped by a warrior and the “Prophecy of Bane.” No wonder he was so reluctant about his return! Now he’s off on another quest to the Labyrinth to kill the 8 foot (or taller) Bane.
Why I Started This Book:
I started this book because I read the first one as a class assignment. It was good and because it was good I thought I’d enjoy the second book just as well.
- I loved how Boots called the firefly, Photos Glow-Glow, Fo Fo. I thought it was so funny and cute for the two year old girl to do that!
- I liked Twichtip, a rat, because of her ability to smell. Yes, smell. She can even smell colors. I thought that was really cool! I also liked Twichtip’s sense of humor; very witty.
- I didn’t like that Photos Glow-Glow and Zap were so untrustworthy. They left Gregor and the others.
- I dislike that Luxa goes missing and that Boots almost dies. She’s only two after all!
- I feel bad for Twichtip because she was rejected by the other rats. How mean!
Book Rating: I give this book 4 Treasure Chests!
- Back of Book United States Stamps
- Cool Aqua Exercise Bikes Cardiovascular Equipment Gym, Workout & Yoga Exercise & Fitness
- Cool Shirts Clothing Clothing, Shoes & Accessories Fishing
- Cool Womens Gym Bags Gym, Workout & Yoga Exercise & Fitness
- Accessories American Girl By Brand, Company, Character Dolls Dolls & Bears