Reviewed by First Mate Keira
Title: Goddess Boot Camp (Oh. My. Gods, Book 2)
Author: Tera Lynn Childs
Page Count: 224 pages
Grade Reading Level: Grades 7-10
Summary: You’d think as a close descendant of the Greek goddess Nike a girl would have control over her magic powers, but no, not Phoebe. Instead she can’t get a handle on any spell, no matter how small; everything always blows out of control. As a result she’s going to summer camp for extensive training… and if you thought it couldn’t get worse than school in summer, you’d be wrong. It can get much worse. Like a test from the gods coming her way that she has to pass or dire consequences will be had.
Why I started this book:
I started this book because it’s the sequel to Oh. My. Gods which I thought really cute, if a tad rushed. I wasn’t going to pass it up!
- The setup of the camp: The Dynamotheos Development Camp otherwise known as the Goddess Boot Camp is meant for preteens just coming into their powers. Phoebe as a late bloomer is basically a preteen in terms of control. At camp she’s got to train under her stepsister and her boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend. Ouch!
- Stella and Phoebe’s relationship growth as stepsisters and as mentor/trainee.
- Phoebe and Griffin train for the Pythian Games trials coming up and while they’re at it there’s some funs thrown in there for runners.
- The misconception of what’s going on between Adara and Griffin. If he’s lying about hanging out with her, he must be cheating… right?
- Parts in the middle dragged which hurts a story this concise.
- I can’t believe the headmaster of all people was behind…!!! Just to keep Phoebe’s mind off things? Lame.
- Phoebe’s test from the gods was a little underwhelming after all the hype.
Rating: 3 Treasure Chests
|Goddess Boot Camp by Childs, Tera Lynn -Paperback||US $13.37||1d 4h 43m|