by Second Mate Embry, guest reviewer
Title: Extra Credit
Author: Andrew Clements
# of pages: 183
Grade Reading Level: Ages 9-12
Summary: Abby Carson is going to be held back! Unless if she can raise her grades and get either a B or higher on all of her future quizzes and homework. She decides that she will do an extra credit project. The teacher assigns Abby to write to a pen pal in another country. She thinks her pen pal is a girl, but it is against tradition for a boy to write a letter to a girl where her pen pal lives. Sadeed, Abby’s pen pal, must have his younger sister sign the letters. When Abby finds out that she’s not writing to who she thinks she is what will happen? Will Abby get held back?
Why I Started the Book:
I started this book because the cover caught my eye. Also the title grabbed my curiosity. What is this book about and how does it relate to extra credit?
- I like how this book shows both points of view of Sadeed and Abby. That’s pretty cool.
- This book was different (in a good way) for me. I’ve never come across this plot before. I enjoyed it a lot.
- I love Sadeed’s ideas of mini mountain!
- The names of the men in Sadeed’s village confused me whenever they were mentioned. It was a little hard to follow at first and I had to double back and figure out who was who.
Last minute thoughts: This book really surprised me. It kept me entertained and I enjoyed reading it
Book Rating: I give this book 4.5 treasure chests!
[phpbay]Andrew Clements, 5, 377, “”[/phpbay]Online Stores
- Kissing Dutch Girl Statues & Yard Art Garden Décor Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living Nursery
- Postal Cards & Stationery Back of Book United States Stamps
- Girl Surfboards Surfing Surf Store
- Girl Wetsuits Surf Store
- Hand Held Soil Moisture & pH Meters Garden Tools & Equipment Gardening & Plants Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living