by First Mate Keira
Title: Dragon Spear
Author: Jessica Day George
Page Count: 246
Grade Reading Level: 5th-9th Grade
Summary: Love is in the air. Creel is designing her wedding dress and planning her marriage to Prince Luka. During their engagement, Shadras and some dragons swoop in to take Luka, Creel, and her brother to the new kingdom of the dragons. All seems to be going well until a very pregnant Velika gets kidnapped by a team of dragons and humans.
Why I started this book:
Dragon Spear is the sequel to Dragon Flight and is the third book of the Dragon Adventure trilogy.
- Just when you think Jessica George Day couldn’t expand more on dragon lore she does. What I think is neat is how well this idea fits into the first two books because she hadn’t planned on doing anything after Dragon Slippers.
- The Temple of the First Queen – very cool place. I would love to see it translated into a movie set.
- Creel’s kind and generous heart. She does something at the end of the book that would just kill me to do and I applaud her for it.
- Fainting Goats! Jessica had this on her website:
- It’s over. Sniff.
Last Minute Thoughts: If you liked Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine, you will love this trilogy.
Rating: 5 Treasure Chests
[phpbay]dragon jessica, 10, 377, “”[/phpbay]Online Stores
- Fire Stone Statue Gargoyles & Dragons Statues & Yard Art Garden Decor Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living
- Alabastrite, Acrylic and Resin Statues Dragons Fantasy, Mythical & Magic Collectibles
- Eragrostis Purple Love Ornamental Grasses Plants, Seeds & Bulbs Gardening & Plants Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living
- George Foreman Books & Video Gym, Workout & Yoga Exercise & Fitness
- Back of Book United States Stamps