by Captain Yarr
Title: Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days
Author: Jeff Kinney
Page Count: 214
Grade Reading Level: Ages 9-12
Summary: No matter what Greg does he can never enjoy his summer. Even if he is liking his summer, it won’t last long and/or will probably turn out badly. This summer he’s juggling between his family, friends, and his love life. Will he loose his best friend? Will he get Heather Hills to fall in love with him? As things are Greg isn’t sure which is worst: his summer or going back to school.
Why I Started the Book:
I liked all the previous books and put this title on hold at the library. My place on the hold list was fairly low and I got the book in time to devour it over the weekend.
- I like the chapter (or day) that Greg used his Ladybug (his cell phone that only calls 911 or his house) for the first time and almost gets his day arrested. It was funny!
- I enjoyed Manny in this book because he never cared about what was going on; he just wants to have a good time.
- The humor is as good as the rest of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. You will definitely chuckle to yourself as you read.
- I never found out how Greg and Rowley paid back Mr. Jefferson back for ordering all the fruit smoothies at the clubhouse. Even though it wasn’t as important as some other problems, I really wanted to know.
- If I were to choose a title for this book, I wouldn’t name it Dog Days. There are only some parts in the story that involve a dog, and he’s not even the main problem in the story!
Last minute thoughts: I hope Jeff Kinney will add another book to the series because I enjoy reading them and don’t want to see the end of the books.
Book Rating: I give this book 3.5 treasure chests!
- Led Reading With Flexible Lamp Posts Outdoor Lighting Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living
- Never Summer Snowboards Snowboarding Winter Sports
- Back of Book United States Stamps
- Love, Romance Figurines Precious Moments Decorative Collectible Brands Decorative Collectibles Collectibles
- Late Summer Perennials Flower Seeds Plants, Seeds & Bulbs Gardening & Plants Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living