Reviewed by First Mate Keira
Title: Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, Book 4)
Author: Jennifer Estep
Grade Reading Level:
Summary: Loki is free and trouble isn’t far on the horizon, but Gwen Frost will enjoy her first real date with Logan Quinn. Catty girls and rambling aside, the date goes pretty well until Gwen spills her hot drink all over Logan. When he goes to the bathroom, his father arrives at the coffee shop and arrests her for freeing Loki. Gossip spreads faster than the mean pretty girl and her cronies can text, and even before her hearing the whole school is against her. Worse still, Loki’s champion is claiming to be Nike’s champion. And you think you have troubles.
Why I started this book:
I have read the first three and couldn’t wait to get my hands on the next one. I like Gwen and Logan and Grandma Frost.
- No love triangle for Gwen! But no stale relationship with Logan either. Yay! I love Logan.
- Gwen’s no longer the social loner loser she was when this series started. Now she has friends who stick with her through thick and thin and a pretty neat boyfriend.
- Nickamedes! He’s awesome and getting more so with each book.
- The poisonous truth snake of doom.
- The Protectorate – described as an elite group ruling the supernatural good guys, is more like a front for Linus Quinn’s perusing and perpetuating his own agenda.
Rating: 5 Treasure Chests
|Crimson Frost by Jennifer Estep (2013, Paperback)||US $5.72||4d 22h 50m|