Reviewed by Second Mate Embry
Title: Catching Fire
Author: Suzanne Collins
Grade Reading Level: 6-8 Grade
Summary: Katniss and Peeta arrive back from the 74th Hunger Games as victors. Katniss thought all she wanted was to go home, but things aren’t the same. Gale is ignoring her and Peeta is trying to do the same. It’s hard to do that though when you’re engaged to marry that same person. Rumors of rebellion are springing up all over Panem and Katniss and Peeta are said to be the head of it. Every 25 years the victors from the previous Hunger Games are forced to compete again and against each other in the Quarter Quell.
Why I Started This Book:
Easy! I read Hunger Games, loved it and want to know what happens next in the series.
- I loved the Quarter Quell! Suzanne Collins was smart to come up with a way for Katniss and Peeta to go back into the arena. Very exciting and thrilling action takes place as the two struggle to survive!
- Every cliff hanger is a doozy! That’s another thing Collins is great at providing! You never want to quit because there’s always something else happening; another challenge to face and resolutions to find.
- The ending is pretty confusing. I’m not sure what to make of it and it’s really my only complaint for the whole book.
Last minute thoughts: When does book 3 come out?!?! I checked the author’s website but didn’t see anything.
Rating: 5 Treasure Chests
[phpbay]catching fire collins, 5, 29792, “”[/phpbay]
[phpbay]catching fire collins, 7, 377, “”[/phpbay]
- Frog Toys & Games Pool Fun Pools & Spas Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living
- Frog Toys & Games Pool Fun Pools & Spas Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living Nursery
- Kids Toys & Games Pool Fun Pools & Spas Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living Nursery
- Infant Toys & Games Pool Fun Pools & Spas Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living Nursery
- Quarter Errors Coins: US Coins & Paper Money