by Captain Lyaf Yarr
Title: Bras and Broomsticks
Author: Sarah Mlynowski
Narrator: Ariadne Meyers
Format: Audio Book
# CDs + Minutes: 7 CDs (8 hours, 11 minutes)
Grade Reading Level: Ages 12-17
Summary: Rachel discovers that her little sister, Miri, is a witch and that her mom is also! Her dad is about to remarry. Rachel is certain her mom is still in love with her dad. His fiancé is mean to both girls. With the use of her sister’s powers, Rachel is determined to expose the evil soon-to-be-stepmother for what she really is to their dad.
Why I Started This Book:
A while ago my older sister (First Mate Keira) saw this book in the library and handed it to me. It was a book I started but didn’t have a chance to finish. When I found it in audio book format I decided to check it out again.
- I like the younger sister, Miri. She’s clever and funny. She has a lot of great one liners throughout the book.
- The (nice) spells Miri puts on Rachel, like the dance spell.
- When Rachel overreacts it’s comical and entertaining.
- Ariadne Meyers is excellent. She reminds me of the narrator for the Meg Cabot Princess Diaries series… wait a sec… she is the same narrator! That’s awesome!
- Some parts of the story were very redundant and were not necessary. I especially noticed this in the conversations. For instance: “Does he really?” Answer is an emphatic “Duh.”
- The title is a little misleading in my opinion. It sounds like it’s going to deal with sex or at least more on the dating scene. (I'm glad it wasn't the first.) The bras portion really just references Rachel's age and hitting puberty.
Last Minute Thoughts: Very enjoyable in audio format. I liked it better and got through it faster in audio format than I did in printed version.
Book Rating: 3.5 Treasure Chests.
|BOOK/AUDIOBOOK CD Age 12+ Sarah Mlynowski Fiction BRAS & BROOMSTICKS||US $5.99||10d 3h 18m|
|Bras & Broomsticks Magic In Manhattan 2006 by Mlynowski, Sarah 0385731841||US $4.48||3d 21h 3m|