by Captain Yarr
Title: All American Girl
Author: Meg Cabot
Narrator: Ariadne Meyers
Format: Unabridged Compact Discs
CDs + Minutes: 6 CDs (7 hours and 10 minutes)
Grade Reading Level: Ages 12+
Summary: Sam is a not so ordinary girl who wears all black and has a talent for drawing. She is in love with her sisters’ boyfriend Jack, who is an artist also. Her parents sign her up for art classes that she doesn’t want to take, and one class she decides to skip. While she’s waiting for class to be over she sees the president of the United States and an assassin trying to kill him. One quick thoughtless decision and she’s a hero for saving the president. At a celebratory dinner at the White House she reconnects with the presidents’ son, David from her art class. Does stay true to Jack or will her heart fall for a new love?
Why I Started This Book:
One day I went to the library and I guess it caught my eye from a lineup of audio books. I’m a big fan of audio books as you know.
- I liked David. He was both mysterious and sweet with a wide teasing streak.
- I enjoyed the chapter where Sam and her family were at the White House for dinner. Sam’s a picky eater and ended up putting about half of her dinner into her napkin to avoid eating it.
- While I was listening to this book Meg Cabot would write “I mean” this and “I mean” that. When read aloud it was way too much. Eventually I got sick of hearing the words and would groan every time I heard them.
- I didn’t like how Sam dyed all of her clothes black. If I had to do that I’d die of hideous fashion shame.
Last minute thoughts: I didn’t really understand why this book was called “All American Girl,” after all how many American girls save the president and find love with his son?
Book Rating: I give this book 3.5 Treasure Chests.
|All-American Girl 2002 by Cabot, Meg 0060294701||US $4.48||20h 52m|
- Badges, Patches Girl Scouts, Girl Guides Fraternal Groups Historical Memorabilia Collectibles
- Black Maybach Hybrid Vehicles
- Corn House Plants Tropicals Plants, Seeds & Bulbs Gardening & Plants Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living
- 1977-81 Jimmy Carter President US Political Historical Memorabilia Collectibles
- Josefina American Girl By Brand, Company, Character Dolls Dolls & Bears