by Captain Lyaf Yarr
Director: James Cameron
Run Time: 194 Minutes
Summary: Rose DeWitt Bukater (Kate Winslet) is in despair. After boarding the famous boat called “Titanic” she decides that she can’t bare living another day as a secure little rich girl that’s being forced to marry her fiance Cal (Billy Zane). One night, for an escape of her miserable life, she attempts jumping overboard! Luckily, Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio) convinces her to come back onboard. And that’s when everything starts!
Rose decides to go against her mother and everything else she knows and starts getting along with Jack, also know as that poor man that saved her life. Once this happens, Rose couldn’t be happier with Jack! But it’s not that easy. While they’re both laughing and enjoying each other, the ship hits an iceberg! Now there’s panic! With not enough lifeboats, not by half, will Titanic, the “unsinkable ship” sink tonight?
Jack and Rose refuse to die, not here anyways. But trying to avoid Rose’s raging fiance, her uptight mother, and stick together like glue is harder than you think! As the boat sinks and crumbles to its most imponderable death, everyone and everything is tragically atrocious. But Rose won’t let go.
Why I watched this movie:
I watched this movie because it aired on the Oxygen Channel and it looked really good.
- Every time (thanks Oxygen!) I watch this movie I start crying! It’s so horrifying about what happened, but James Cameron did a PERFECT job on directing and writing this great movie.
- I love Leonardo DiCaprio! He was hot in this movie. (But now he just looks weird.) He did a splendid job on his role and I could watch him all day (in this part)!
- This movie has the best quotes ever! Most of them are romantic and sweet but the other ones just make you stop and think about it! I’ve used several key phrases from the movie throughout this review! Can you spot them all?
- One of my favorite scenes in this movie is when Jack gives Rose the spot atop a floating wooden door and despite the freezing cold water, holds her hand all night until his death. It was so sad but still it was great! Very very romantic.
- I also like the scene when Jack is under arrest and Rose has to break the handcuffs of with an ax! “Okay Rose, now try to hit the same exact spot!” Snicker.
- The only thing I didn’t like about this movie was knowing that the sinking of the Titanic is a true story… those events did happen, maybe not exactly like they reenacted, but similarly. The romance between Rose and Jack is not historically accurate. It was created for the movie.
Movie Rating: I give this movie … *drum roll* 5 Treasure Chests!!!!!!
[phpbay]titanic leonardo, 10, 617, “”[/phpbay]Online Stores
- Hats, Helmets Great Britain Original Period Items WW II (1939-45) Militaria Collectibles
- Life Jackets Clothing Clothing, Shoes & Accessories Fishing
- Par Stage Spot Spot Lights & Flood Lights Outdoor Lighting Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living Nursery
- Booklets UK (Great Britain) Stamps
- Watch Heart Rate Monitors Monitors & Pedometers Gym, Workout & Yoga Exercise & Fitness