by Captain Lyaf Yarr
Title: The Karate Kid
Director: Harald Zwart
Run Time: 140 minutes
Summary: Dre Parker and his mom move to China because of her work. The first day they get there he gets beat up by a kid name Cheng because he's caught flirting with Meiying (Cheng's friend that he likes). Cheng continues to bully him until Dre decides that he needs to learn karate and gets a teacher aka the maintenance man for his and his mom's apartment that they're staying in. Mr. Han sets up a showdown with Cheng at a very quickly upcoming tournament. Dre is scared for his life!
Why I watched this movie:
This movie looked really good and I love Jayden Smith!
- I love Sherry Parker (Dre's Mom). Especially when She's all like 'DRE! PICK UP YOU'RE JACKET!' And he looked so miserable when Mr. Han made him put on, take off, drop, and hang up his jacket.
- I liked the scene when Meiying and Dre were at the puppet theater and they kissed! It was so cute and funny how everyone else could see it because they were in front of the projector.
- In that scene I also thought that when Dre and Meiying were pinky promising was cute!
- The friendship between Dre and Mr. Han is really sweet. It's like a father son relationship. Loved!
- Why is Dre's teacher named Mr. Han? Why not Mr. Miyagi?
- I thought that Meiying looked a little too old for Dre in the movie. They're about 2 years apart which isn't much when you're older, but it's funny when you're younger. Though it could be just the height difference.
Last minute thoughts: I have to admit, I was a little disappointed not to see Jayden waxing cars or painting fences. But I still liked watching him pick up his jacket!!!
Movie Rating: 4.5 Treasure Chests
See the originals: The Karate Kid Collection (Four Film Set)
- Love, Romance Figurines Precious Moments Decorative Collectible Brands Decorative Collectibles Collectibles
- Love, Romance Cherished Teddies Enesco Decorative Collectible Brands Decorative Collectibles Collectibles
- Life Jacket Clothing Clothing, Shoes & Accessories Fishing
- Movie, TV Bronze Age (1970-79) Comics Collectibles
- Pick A Skimboards Surfing Surf Store