Reviewed by Captain Lyaf Yarr
Title: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Director: Chris Columbus
Run Time: 152 minutes
Summary: Harry Potter gets a mysterious letter one day by owl and discovers that he is a wizard, and a famous one at that. He grew up with Muggle (non-magical relations) never knowing that his lightning bolt shaped scar represented his survival against the most powerful wizard of all, Lord Voldemort. Stepping into a new world that was literally filled and made up of magic, Harry Potter attends Hogwarts, Britain's greatest (and only) wizard school. As he arrives he makes plenty of friends and enemies and plenty of mysterious in the old stone castle. Will Harry survive the year in one piece?
Why I watched this movie:
I read the book, HP & the SS, that the movie was based on. This is not the first time I've seen the film.
- Everyone was perfectly cast for this film. From Harry and the trio to the teachers! I thought that they all did awesome! Great acting.
- Hogwarts and it's moving staircases and portraits. Very well done effects!
- The CGI done for Norbert (Hadgrid's pet baby dragon) was awesome! I think It would be cool to find out how they did it. I bet it took a lot of work.
- The movie was too accurate. I know! I know! It seems ridiculous to say that as inaccuracies are always looked down on but this movie was too much like the book. After you see it a few times, you feel like it gos on forever, and get lulled to sleep in places (I know I have!)
- In the book they said that the Dursleys were blond, but in the movies they were all brunettes, and I'm not sure if they did that because they were better actors, or because they wanted to but it is something to mention.
Last minute thoughts: I will read/watch the next book and movie in the series ( Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets ) and I hope that I'll like it just as well as I did this one.
Buy: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Widescreen Edition), Harry Potter Years 1-6 Giftset [Blu-ray]Harry Potter Years 1-6 Giftset (Widescreen Edition), Harry Potter Years 1-6 Giftset (Full-Screen Edition), Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Ultimate Edition)
Movie Rating: I give this movie 3.5 Treasure Chests
|Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (DVD, 2002, 2-Disc Set, Full Frame)||0 Bid||US $5.00||18m|
- Movie, TV Bronze Age (1970-79) Comics Collectibles
- Peter Stone Model Horses Horse Animals Collectibles
- Stone Lanterns, Strings Outdoor Lighting Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living Nursery
- Stone Storage Hoses & Hose Reels Watering Equipment Gardening & Plants Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living Nursery
- Movie, TV Silver Age (1956-69) Comics Collectibles