Reviewed by Captain Lyaf Yarr
Title: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Director: Alfonso Cuaron
Run Time: 142 minutes
Summary: This year at Hogwarts of Witchcraft and Wizardry Harry Potter discovers who betrayed his parents to Lord Voldemort. Determined to avenge his parents death has never been more complicated with the school being guarded like a prison, a omniscient head master, and not enough time.
Why I watched this movie:
I saw this movie because I’m reading and watching all the Harry Potter books and movies again.
- I like how Hermione’s time-turner looked and how it worked visually, actually showing time moving backwards and what happened as they went. It’s a little different than how the book describes it but I found it really cool and very neat.
- The Monster Book of Monster was Hilarious! Yes, with a capital H. It was so good when Harry was fighting with the book and finally squished it at the Leaky Cauldron. Oh and also when it nearly ate Neville Longbottom!
- I liked Buckbeak. Just the thought of an eagle and a horse mixed is fun to me!
- If you didn’t know the Dumbledore in this movie was a new one and the old one (Richard Harris) died. From here on out Michael Gambon plays Dumbledore. Personally, I liked the old one better than the one in this movie. It’s too bad that he died.
- Professor Lupin looks terrible as a werewolf! Not even close to looking realistic or scary, which is a shame because they did the Dementors so well. The werewolf pack in New Moon was better.
- The more the wardrobe people change Emma Watson’s hair the more she looks like herself and less like Hermoine. This movie is the first time they did it. Supposedly it takes a whole bottle of Sleekeazy’s Hair Potion and too much effort to get her hair to look like that!
Buy: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Widescreen Edition), Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban [Blu-ray], Harry Potter Years 1-5 Limited Edition Gift Set [HD DVD], Harry Potter Years 1-6 Giftset (Widescreen Edition), Harry Potter Years 1-6 Giftset [Blu-ray]
Movie Rating: I give this movie 4 treasure chests!
[phpbay]Prisoner Azkaban,10, “11232”, “”[/phpbay]Online Stores