Reviewed by First Mate Keira
Title: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1
Director: David Yates
Run Time: 146 minutes
Summary: Deathly Hallows Part 1 of 2 is the beginning of the end. Harry’s without his support group of older wizards, his mentors and friends and allies, either dead or scattered. Voldemort’s influence is steadily gaining momentum as the wizarding community struggles to fight back. Harry knows what he must do – find and destroy Voldemort’s horcruxes – but getting started is the tricky part. How exactly is he suppose to find them?
Why I watched this movie:
- I’ll come right out and admit that I like the movie way better than the book. There are notable differences between the two… for one I can better follow what is happening in the movie than in the book… reading the book I was clueless as to why they had to wander the freaking forest forever. In the movie? Got it – Ron got seriously hurt and only partially healed.
- Dobby and Kreacher, but especially Dobby. They were too funny. It’s too bad they took out all of his parts in the previous movies and gave them to other characters (Neville primarily). It makes his death anticlimactic. It’s not sad like it should be.
- The Harry and Hermione time spent alone in the tent. I’m a H/Hr fan but that scene, especially them dancing, really nails it home that they’re friends not love interests.
- Visuals = awesome! That whole animated scene with the Deathly Hallows? So cool and very pretty.
- There were inconsistencies… why use polyjuice and then have all the Harry Potters show up at the Weasleys? The real Harry was supposed to go to Nymphadora’s parents’ house.
- POTTER WATCH? HELLO!!! I actually liked that from the book.
- The horcrux snatch at the ministry was suppose to include rescuing several witches and wizards, not just one witch. I feel like that diminishes some of Harry’s legend. Perhaps this decision lead to Potter Watch not happening too.
- The taboo on Voldemort's name is seen but not acknowledged or explained in any way for viewers who haven’t read the books. Harry’s suppose to break it too when the snatchers catch up to them.
Last Minute Thoughts: My appetite’s whetted…. I want Part 2! Can you believe there’s only one more left? What on earth are we going to do with ourselves?
Rating: 4.5 Treasure Chests
- Friends & Family Barbie Vintage (Pre-1973) Dolls Dolls & Bears
- Friends, Friendship Charming Tails Decorative Collectible Brands Decorative Collectibles Collectibles
- Movie, TV Silver Age (1956-69) Comics Collectibles
- Casio Unisex Watch Chf Bvdr Heart Rate Monitors Monitors & Pedometers Gym, Workout & Yoga Exercise & Fitness
- Wizards Fantasy, Mythical & Magic Collectibles