Reviewed by Captain Lyaf Yarr
Title: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Director: David Yates
Run Time: 130 minutes
Summary: This is the second part of the seventh (last) Harry Potter movie. Harry, Ron, and Hermione are still searching for horcruxes so they can defeat ‘He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.’ As they destroy each horcrux they know that Voldemort is getting weaker, but Voldemort knows he must stop them from getting to the last of his horcruxes. When Harry discovers his fate he decides to meet it because everyone has sacrificed so much to protect him and now it is his turn to do the same.
Why I watched this movie:
I watched this movie because … It’s HARRY POTTER! I wouldn’t miss it for the world! Especially since it’s the last movie!
- One of my favorite moments in this movie is when Lord Voldemort comes to what is left of Hogwarts and tells everyone to come to his side or die. Unwillingly, Draco walks toward him because of his parents beckoning him to do so, and Voldemort gives him a hug. OMG it was hilarious how awkward that was!
- I’m not gonna lie… I got teary-eyed! I’m such a wimp. I was bawling around when Harry was looking at Snape’s memory about him with Dumbledore. They were talking about Harry and everything that must happen. Also I liked the sequencing with Snape and Lily. I was thinking ‘They’re so smart but why does the plan have to be so sad?’ and ‘Poor Snape! Loosing the love of his life to another man and then later to the Dark Lord!’ You really see a different side of him!
- One of my favorite lines in the movie was when Bellatrix hit Ginny and then Molly Weasley goes up to Bellatrix and goes ‘Not my Daughter, B!tch!’ and duels/kills her! I enjoyed it a lot
- NEVILLE! Definitely one of the better side characters! He just got better and better throughout all of the movies. I loved when he was a distance away from Lord Voldemort and his army and he was all like ‘Ha! What? You can’t get me!’ and such. And without him Nagini would’ve eaten Ron and Hermione! So basically because of him the wizarding world is a better place. Oh and he and Luna make a really cute couple, but in the books they aren’t together.
- Rupert Grint is HOT! In the beginning Harry and Ron are changing their shirts everyone was like ‘Woah!’ *whistles*
- I very much dislike that this is the last movie of Harry Potter. After all seven books of intense writing and movie making it’s just over….
- The epilogue was sort of disappointing. I wish they showed us what happened to other people too. Where was Neville and Luna and their kids?
Last minute thoughts:
- I went to see the midnight showing of Harry Potter and I’m most defiantly going to see it many times between now and when it stops showing in theater. Harry Potter forever!
- I like Hermione and Ron as a couple, but I’m not really sure about Harry and Ginny… it’s like creepy… ew
Movie Rating: 5 Treasure Chests!
[phpbay]deathly hallows, 10, 617, “”[/phpbay]