by Captain Lyaf Yarr
Title: Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Director: Thor Freudenthal
Run Time: 94 minutes
Summary: Greg Heffley is just starting middle schoo. His main goal is life is to be popular by the end of the year. How is he going to do this you ask? Well, he has that all worked out. He's defiantly more popular than his best friends Rowley. Or so he thought. In the struggle to survive middle school and be “top dog” Greg looses his best friend, gets beat up by a girl and … well, maybe I shouldn't say. Watch the movie to finds out if everything falls apart for Greg or if by some miracle he can make everything better. (And for once you get to read someone's “diary” and not feel guilty!)
Why I watched this movie:
I watched this movie because it looked good and I read all the books.
- I liked how Greg tries to act so cool and fails, but Rowley just acts like himself and gets friends and attention. The lesson here is to not put on airs and to just chill and be yourself.
- I like how the movie wasn't a cartoon and also how they showed pages in Greg's journal. It was an nice way to combine real life with the illustrations from the book.
- Some of the jokes in this movie were … stupid and sort of annoying. e.g.: “She's a girl, where do I grab her?”
- Manny's (Greg's little brother) toilet was GROSS! Especially at the kitchen table. Yuck! Potty humor in the most literal sense.
- The movie was slow moving and could have been a little shorter and more concise.
- Fregly … Ugh! I vomit just at the thought of it. When Greg was sleeping over at Fregly's house and he chased him around with a *barf* booger and then... oh, I can't go on. Watch the movie to find out.
Last minute thoughts: This was more of a guy movie than a girl movie. My friend's little brother enjoyed every minute of it.
Movie Rating: I give this movie 3.5 Treasure Chests!