Pros for Puck:
- He’s her best friend and an argument could be made he is her only true friend. Prior to the series starting, Meghan was invisible to many because of her fairy blood.
- Puck has been her protector for years keeping her safe from the Never Never realm and all the lovelies therein. Pretty tough job. Once in Never Never Puck doesn’t need Meghan to strike a deal with him to follow her into the trouble coming. He goes willingly and because he cares.
- He’s the darling of the Summer Court. As jester to Oberon, Puck can get away with much and ask for favors and allowances to smooth things over for Meghan.
- He’s Robin Goodfellow from Shakespeare’s play A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and is thus nearly indestructible. The more humans know who you are the more powerful and immortal you can be.
- His fighting style is hardcore with a hint of hilarity with sticks becoming bears. His style is heavy on magics which could be very useful in the upcoming war against the Iron Fey, as I believe magic to be the antithesis of technology.
- The Weasley twins and Sirius Black would love him for his pranks and his wit. They’d all be thick as thieves if they ever appeared in the same book series.
Biggest Con for Puck:
- Puck had plenty of time to make a move and instead remained silent. As far as I’m concerned Meghan being with Ash is his own fault. His lack of action practically threw Meghan at Ash. If Puck and Meghan are going to be together he’s got an uphill battle to fight now because her feelings are firmly settled on Ash. He could have been with her, but he chose not to pursue until somebody else had done it first. When his declaration finally came was it too late? It’s a sad last laugh on Puck, the guy stuck perhaps permanently in the friend zone.
Pros for Team Ash:
- Ash is royal where Puck is not. As the youngest Unseelie prince it is unlikely he will ever be king of his own court and have total control, but his position gives him privileges Puck can’t hope to achieve.
- He’s a 1000 + years old which means he’s as powerful as or more powerful than Puck to have lasted this long. Immortality is his and he is equally hard to destroy.
- Ash is a great dancer and swordfighter. Skills he has honed to perfection making him limber and graceful. As such Ash cuts a dashing figure and is mesmerizing in battle. He's protective and determined to see Meghan safe. So much so that he's willing to take on the biggest bad Never Never ever saw.
- He is there when Puck isn’t. He goes to the Iron Kingdom when Puck is trapped in a tree healing from severe wounds.
- The Winter Court is harsh and cruel to those who show weakness. Over time this has meant that Ash has become a hard, cold, ruthless opponent. But he wasn’t always that way. He used to be best friends with Puck. He had loved. And while it terrifies him, while he knows it is wrong, he’s fallen in love again with Meghan. Around her you get this feeling he’s rediscovering his true self, the person he has to hide away at court.
- Speaking of knowing it is wrong to fall in love with Meghan… Ash and Meghan are the ultimate starcrossed lovers. He’s of the Winter Court. She is of the Summer Court. From time to time members of both courts have fallen for one another, but it is forbidden. Oberon and Mab demand such couples to renounce their love forever or suffer banishment forever from Never Never. He risks fading away into nothing and mortality from permanent banishment to be with her.
Biggest Con for Ash:
- Meghan has a hard time reading him. He’s that aloof hero whose motives are hard to figure out. Ash is constantly struggling with himself. He knows he should push Meghan away and does time and again, but then flips and pulls her closer because he loves her, to hell with the Courts’ rules about their relationship. But instead of being straight with her he keeps things silent. Because of this consistent level of miscommunication and his earlier courting methods Meghan is sometimes unsure of him. She had questioned his love for her in Mab’s Court when he seemed like a stranger to her.
Conclusion: There’s still one last book to tell and I have a feeling being stuck outside of Never Never will become a major problem for Ash and Meghan. Nobody is going to let it rest. Not yet at least and the two could be easily split apart. With Robbie on the inside what’s a Prince to do?
As for me I’m firmly Team Ash. I hope when all hell breaks loose Ash isn’t left behind the way Puck was in Iron King. I need my Ash like a smoker needs their next shot of Nicotine. I’m that addicted and that obsessed. So here’s to following Puck’s footsteps and having Ash break all the rules.
- The Biggest Loser Supplements & Diet Exercise & Fitness
- Love They Neighbor Plaques & Signs Garden Decor Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living
- King Bedspreads & Coverlets Bedding Home Store
- WAC Hockey Puck Under Cabinet Lighting Lighting Fixtures Home Lighting
- Silent Steel String Travel Acoustic Electric Guitar Acoustic Musical Instruments