Harry Potter Recipes for Birthdays, Midnight Releases, and Fan Get Togethers
You do not have to be a great cook to make these recipes. I would not suggest making all the recipes for a single party, because the added up time is a lot, but if you scroll through you can get a feel for some of the recipes and pick and choose what sounds good to you. Have fun and try not to put Honeydukes out of business!
Make Your Own Butterbeer:
It’s easy and very fast to make your own Butterbeer and get pretty darn close to the official Harry Potter World taste. You will need only two ingredients: cream soda and whip cream.
- Put a layer of whip cream at the bottom of the glasses used for serving Butterbeer.
- Pour cream soda over the whip cream. Try to get it to froth the whip cream a little. Whip cream will rise to the surface.
- If needed, lightly stir a spoon through the top layer.
Fox News came out with an hour long recipe to make Butterbeer. It sounds yummy, but is a lot of prep work and takes an hour to prepare.
|HARRY POTTER HOGWARTS BUTTERBEER PLASTIC MUG FROM HARRY POTTER WORLD - USED ONCE||0 Bid||US $8.36||3h 28m|
Make Your Own Pumpkin Juice:
I’ve not heard good things about the pumpkin juice at Harry Potter World, so I won’t try to give you that recipe. You will need a large punch bowl, 1 bottle cranberry juice cocktail, 1 quart orange juice, 1 large bottle of ginger ale, and 1 large can pineapple juice. Yes, I know there’s no pumpkins involved but this will mean you can make it any time of the year not just during Halloween. Put all ingredients except ginger ale in large punch bowl. Add ginger ale to fill bowl. It’ll look red-orangey and taste yummy.
- Pour half of each container of fruit juice into the punch bowl.
- Taste. Now add the rest of whatever juice flavor you want more of to make it aesthetically pleasing to you.
- Wait until the party has started before adding the ginger ale. This will keep it fizzy and not flat.
Harry Potter World Pumpkin Juice:
|Wizarding World of Harry Potter 2 Bottles Fresh Pumpkin Juice From Honeydukes||US $22.95||11d 16h 46m|
Make Your Own Cauldron Cakes:
Simply by making regular chocolate cupcakes and adding vanilla frosting dyed green with food dye, black sprinkles, poke black licorice stick through to form a handle. Or even something like Godiva Chocolate Cupcakes with Mint Buttercream Frosting.
Make Your Own Cockroach Clusters:
These are simply peanut clusters spooned out into oval-like shapes on your cookie sheet before hardening. They're very delicious and we make them all the time. It's our number one favorite party snack.
Ingredients: 15/16 oz can of dry roasted salted peanuts, 2 bags regular size white chocolate chips, 1 bag regular size semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Put chocolate in a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave. Do no more than 40 seconds at a time... that way no burned chocolate.
- Stir between each time in the microwave. Continue until thoroughly melted.
- Dump in the entire container of peanuts and stir so all are coated.
- Spoon out on metal trays... like cookie sheets.
- Put trays in refrigerator. Leave there for at least 20 minutes, 30 is better.
- Pull trays out of fridge, pop off the candy and stick in tupperware. Put back in fridge.
- Take out of fridge no earlier than 10 minutes prior to party time so they don't get soft. Enjoy!
Make Your Own Licorice Wands:
This is a great party activity if you’re so inclined. You will need red or black licorice sticks or Twizzlers and white chocolate chips.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Heat up in short 30 to 40 second bursts so as to not burn the chocolate.
- In the meantime set up the licorice sticks on a cookie sheet metal pan.
- When the chocolate chips are thoroughly melty pour over the licorice sticks. You want to do this only at one end and you want it to puddle around and up forming a handle like shape.
- Stick in fridge and let harden.
- Within twenty minutes you can start serving and eating.
Make Your Own Pretzel Wands:
This recipe is a great party activity too. You will need pretzel rods, chocolate frosting, and sprinkles.
- Dip pretzel rod into frosting on one end.
- Shape it to look sort of like a handle.
- Decorate with sprinkles.
- Eat and enjoy.
Another way to make pretzel wands.
Make Your Own Pumpkin Cookies:
Very simple and easy to do – get sugar cookie dough from your grocery store and grab a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter. You will also need vanilla frosting, get black or orange decoration frosting (in a little tube), and orange sprinkles.
- Set the temperature on your oven by following the package instructions for cooking the cookie dough.
- Prepare your cookies by shaping them with the cookie cutter.
- Bake based on package instructions.
- Coat lightly with vanilla frosting.
- Draw in face with decoration frosting.
- Add sprinkles.
- Serve up and eat.
Make Your Own Pumpkin Cake:
Again very simple. Make a regular vanilla or yellow cake. Add vanilla or chocolate frosting and decorate with orange sprinkles. Presto. Done!
Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans:
Buy the official Harry Potter jellybeans or just get regular jellybeans. Makes a good favor stuffer.
More Ideas to Follow for Harry Potter Themed Games.
Share your Harry Potter food ideas in the comments!
- Figurines, Statues Harry Potter Fantasy, Mythical & Magic Collectibles
- Vanilla Seedlings Vegetables & Fruits Plants, Seeds & Bulbs Gardening & Plants Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living
- Ice Cream Makers Small Kitchen Appliances Kitchen, Dining & Bar Home Store
- Cookie Jars Housewares Contemporary (1968-Now) Disneyana Collectibles
- Non-Casino Chips Chips Casino Collectibles