by First Mate Keira, guest reviewer
Title: The Titan’s Curse
Author: Rick Riordan
Narrator: Jesse Bernstein
Format: Unabridged Audio Compact Discs
# CDs + Minutes: 7 CDs (8 hours, 48 minutes)
Grade Reading Level: Ages 9-12
Summary: When saving two Half-Bloods from a monster, Annabeth is captured. The goddess Artemis goes off and also gets captured. The days are ticking down to the winter solstice, but there’s nothing Percy can do as his question to the oracle was left unanswered. However, the oracle prophesizes to one of Artemis’ Hunters and a new quest with new and greater dangers is undergone. Will they be able to rescue Annabeth and Artemis in time?
Why I Started This Book:
The Titan’s Curse is the third book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and having read the first two, it only made sense to keep going.
- All the “A-list” gods are in this one: Artemis, Apollo, Athena, Aphrodite, and Ares.
- Apollo is a hunk who likes fast cars (no chariots for him) and is always randomly spouting off terrible poetry.
- Aphrodite’s maneuvering to get Percy on the quest. It’s hilarious when you get to how she did it and why.
- Hades’ kids come to play, but not in a way you would expect. Percy will explain as he figures it out and understands before the others do.
- Jesse Bernstein missed the mark on several voices. Dionysus sounds different to me in this novel than in the previous editions. His voice is more like Tyson than Dionysus. Actually a few of the characters who were periphery to the quest and bad guys also sounded like Tyson. It was weird and I didn’t like it.
Last minute thoughts: I do hope the others on the library waiting list hurry up and get done with the next couple of books so I can get all caught up and soon!
Book Rating: 4 Treasure Chests
Keira runs a book review blog for readers by readers on romance novels entitled Love Romance Passion. She’s been reading romance since she was in her teens and began blogging about romance so she could share her passion for her favorite genre. She loves reading paranormal, Regency, historical America, and highlander most of all and completely adores blind and wounded heroes.
|The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson & the Olympians #03) (Rick Riordan) - Audio CD||US $33.30||5d 23h 28m|
- Concert Memorabilia Jackson, Michael J Rock, Pop Music Memorabilia Entertainment Memorabilia
- American Titan Swimming Pool Filters Pool Parts & Maintenance Pools & Spas Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living
- Passion Fruit Seedlings Vegetables & Fruits Plants, Seeds & Bulbs Gardening & Plants Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living
- Apollo Drysuits Surf Store
- Guitar Song Books Sheet Music & Song Books