Reviewed by First Mate Keira
Title: Peter and the Starcatchers (Peter and the Starcatchers, Book 1)
Authors: Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
Format: Audio book
Length: 8 hours and 39 minutes
Narrator: Jim Dale
Grade Reading Level: 5th Grade+
Summary: This trilogy is about how Peter Pan became Peter Pan.
Orphan boy, Peter, and his fellow Lost Boys, are sailing on the Never Land to become servants to King Rundoon when they are attacked by pirates during a storm. The pirates are lead by the vicious Black Stache and Peter barely escapes with his life. Both crews and passengers are marooned on an island inhabited by natives and a monstrous creature called Mr. Grin. Peter and his friend Molly Astor must protect a “treasure” at all costs or risk the bad guys gaining unlimited power.
Why I started this book:
Jim Dale was the narrator. Enough said. This guy is a genius with voices!
- Settings – descriptions – characters – the humor! Very action packed!
- Lots of fun stuff for boys! Truly a great book series for young readers. It is a swashbuckling adventure not to miss.
- The descriptions are gripping. I would not want to eat ship food meant for the crew. Shudders.
- I love how every wild and fantastical idea rolled right into the story of the beloved Peter Pan.
- I was hoping the “star stuff” was in fact pixie dust. Oh well. Clever story.
Rating: 5 Treasure Chests
|Peter and the Starcatchers by Barry, Dave, Pearson, Ridley||US $.99||13h 2m|