by Captain Lyaf Yarr
Author: Carl Hiaasen
Format: Unabridged Audio Book
Narrator: Chad Lowe
# CDs + Minutes: 6 CDs (6 hours and 25 minutes)
Grade Reading Level: Ages 12+
Summary: Roy Eberheardt moves to Florida. On the first day of a new school he spies Napoleon running to an old ice cream truck. Unlikely friends, the two team up with a third, Napoleon's sister Beatrice, in order to save an endangered owl species habitat from developers. But the Mother Paula's All-American Pancake House corporation will do anything it takes to stop them. Can the trio prove the existence of the owls in time to save them?
Why I Started the Book:
I've seen the movie a while ago and wanted to know if the book was as interesting as I remembered the movie to be.
- I liked how Mullet Fingers aka Napoleon is very adventurous. He never seemed frightened of what was happening or what might happen. He never gave up, and did anything he could.
- The numerous pranks the trio did against the pancake house construction site and team. My favorite was when alligators were put in the toilet. Look before you sit!
- It was clever when Napoleon had to be taken to the hospital to treat a dog wound and the kids all pretended Napoleon was actually Roy.
- I didn’t like when the vice principle was talking to Roy about Roy's retaliation against the school bully Dana. Where was the principle's talk to Dana? It didn't seem very fair.
- Chad Lowe, the narrator, wasn't a very good reader compared to others I've had the pleasure of listening to. Don't get me wrong, he wasn’t awful, but he wasn't very good either. I had a hard time getting involved in the story and my attention wandered a lot. The more I think about it, the more I feel I should have read the book as opposed to listening to it.
Book Rating: I give this book 3.5 treasure chests!
|Hoot by Carl Hiaasen / Chad Lowe Unabridged Audiobook CD's||US $9.98||29d 6h 33m|
|Signed; 1st/1st; Hoot, by Carl Hiaasen; Hiaasen's Debut Childrens Novel; As New||US $39.99||4d 12h 38m|
- Movie & Video Game Weapons Knives, Swords & Blades Collectibles
- Old School Accessories Handle Bodyboards Surfing Surf Store
- Back of Book United States Stamps
- Corn House Plants Tropicals Plants, Seeds & Bulbs Gardening & Plants Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living
- Corn House Seeds Tropicals Plants, Seeds & Bulbs Gardening & Plants Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living Nursery