by First Mate Keira, guest reviewer
Title: Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony, Book 5
Author: Eoin Colfer
Narrator: Nathaniel Parker
# CDs (Minutes): 7 CDs (8 hours, 24 minutes)
Format: Unabridged Compact Disc
Grade Reading Level: 6.2; Ages 10-17
Audio Clip Preview: Download Clip (Right click, save as.)
Summary: The aliens are returning… well they’re demons now, but that’s beside the point. The magic that held them apart from the world for 10,000 years is deteriorating and the time/dimension jumping demons are starting to make their presence known and Level 8 is going to fix it. Level 8 is the fairy’s version of MI6 and Foaly is their new ‘Quartermaster.’ Recruiting Holly Short, Mulch Diggums, and Artemis Fowl to help, they’re in a race against time itself to save the world.
Why I Started This Book:
By this point it should be pretty obvious that I like the Artemis Fowl series and listening to Nathaniel Parker. I got this audio book from the library and listened to it instead of radio while working. My likes and dislikes are going to include some biggish spoilers so beware.
- Artemis gets fairy magic in this book. Now he’s like Superhuman and it’s pretty cool when and how he got it in the time travel tunnel.
- I’m a huge fan of Artemis/Holly as a potential love interest so when the time and dimensional travel ended and they each had one eye switched with out with the other I was going “Woohoo!”
- Nathaniel’s voice for #1 the mage imp is very well done. He comes across like a kid but he isn’t squeaky or weird sounding.
- Minerva, who is the young female version of Artemis. I can’t really explain why I dislike her. Maybe it’s because she represents potential trouble to my hoped for Arty/Holly pairing. Maybe it’s because she’s so cold or maybe because I don’t like thinking that a 12 year old girl can be that creepy. I was not a fan of her.
- It’s amazing how many different things were going on in this book. It’s not really a bad thing, just some of it is hard to follow when listening. You really have to pay attention in this one and perhaps even skip back a track or two to listen again.
Book Rating: 4 Treasure Chests
Keira runs a book review blog for readers by readers on romance novels entitled Love Romance Passion. She’s been reading romance since she was in her teens and began blogging about romance so she could share her passion for her favorite genre. She loves reading paranormal, Regency, historical America, and highlander most of all and completely adores blind and wounded heroes.
|The Lost Colony Artemis Fowl Book 5 by Eoin Colfer (2006, Hardcover) 1st Edition||0 Bid||US $6.99||6h 34m|
- Posters, Prints Lord of the Rings Fantasy, Mythical & Magic Collectibles
- Book Ends Decorative Collectibles Collectibles
- Swords Lord of the Rings Fantasy, Mythical & Magic Collectibles
- Passion Groundcovers & Vines Plants, Seeds & Bulbs Gardening & Plants Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living
- Candles, Holders Fairies Fantasy, Mythical & Magic Collectibles