by Captain Lyaf Yarr
If your the type of person that loves to read but also loves hanging out and seeing your friends, then why not read with your friends? It’s like killing two birds with one stone! Here are my 5 reasons why I think buddy reading is essential:
- Reading together is fun! No, seriously it is. Even if reading isn’t your favorite thing to do. Get together with a friend and decide if you’ll read the same book, different books, or share an audio book experience while playing a board game or something. You don’t have to read alone.
- Got a question? Your buddy can explain something that you don’t understand. They can do this while you are actively reading so you can comprehend what’s going on and not guess and maybe miss something important which would ruin the whole experience.
- You can talk about the book together. If you’re both reading the same book you can talk about it as you go. This is what a lot of Harry Potter readers did over the years with new releases. You can share your thoughts as you read and talk about your likes and dislikes. It’s also a good way to pace yourself, see what your reading speed is compared to your friend. Try not to get too far ahead!
- It’s a great way to get both parental units to say yes to a slumber party or extra play date! If you’re reading how can they possibly say no? It’s every parents’ dream to get you away from the computer, video games, and tv. Plus it means for the most part you’ll be quiet(er).
- You can read together anywhere. Go to the park, both of your houses, the treehouse, the beach, at the library, etc. Lots of choices and places to read. You’ll never be bored.
Do you have a reading buddy?Online Stores
- Buddy Tree Stands Accessories Hunting
- Reading Lamps Home Lighting
- Unknown Date Ornaments: by Year Hallmark Decorative Collectible Brands Decorative Collectibles Collectibles
- Garden Party Harmony Kingdom Decorative Collectible Brands Decorative Collectibles Collectibles
- Stickers Republican Party US Political Historical Memorabilia Collectibles