by Captain Lyaf Yarr
Before we start I think I should let readers know that I’ve done both: seen the movie before reading the book and reading the book before watching the movie. Below are some of the reasons why I am now a firm believer in doing the latter.
- Explanations. You always get more information by reading the book. Most book to movie conversions leave things out. Going into the theater armed with this information you can make connections and keep up very readily.
- Imagination. When you read a book you’re visualizing what is happening. In a movie the visualization is done for you. Don’t get me wrong I usually love both, but by reading the book first you get to create it first instead of the other way around.
- Sense of Accomplishment. Finishing a book is awesome. Making the deadline of reading the book before the premiere is even better. Why deny yourself this? Read it and be smarter than your friends.
- Rewards. I don’t know about you, but my family rewards me for reading books before it comes out in theaters. I’ve gone to the Harry Potter and Twilight midnight premieres because I read the books. I even got popcorn and soda. How’s that for an incentive?
- Book is Better??? This one has question marks after it because it’s really up to the individual if the book or movie is better. Generally most people agree that the book is better, but I have to say I love watching the books come to the big screen. It just might be a toss up!
- Harry Potter Ornaments: by Series Hallmark Decorative Collectible Brands Decorative Collectibles Collectibles
- Harry Harmonica Acoustic Musical Instruments
- Family Picnic Baskets & Backpacks Outdoor Cooking & Eating Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living
- Brass & Woodwind Song Books Sheet Music & Song Books
- Movie & Video Game Weapons Knives, Swords & Blades Collectibles