Continuing on from last time's 30 Books Series for Boys You Shouldn't Miss, Part 1, today's list also features books recommended for boys by boys (and grown-up boys).
- Chronicles of Narnia- This series is seven books long, has won many awards, been adapted for all kinds of media (currently 3 books have been made into major motion films). Besides the Christian themes there are several references to many other cultures and mythologies. The first three books follow the Pevensie children on their adventures in this mythical world. There are many reading orders to this series. Choose the one that makes the most sense to you. Buy: Chronicles of Narnia Box Set
- Lord of the Rings – A well loved epic fantasy trilogy with two books in each full length novel, the sequel to The Hobbit. Also part of the series is The Silmarillion which reads like a history to the world and tells in detail about the Dark Lord Sauron’s bid for power and the creation of the One Ring. It too has seen many media adaptations and has recently been the subject of major motion picture films set in New Zealand. Buy: The Lord of the Rings
- The Inheritance Cycle – Another multi-book fantasy series set in a fictional world, most recognize this series by the first book in it, Eragon. Galbatorix, the tyrant king of Alagaesia, destroyed the order of dragon riders meant to keep peace in the world. When a young farmboy gets hold of a rare and precious dragon egg and bonds with its inhabitants all hell breaks loose. Buy: Inheritance Boxed Set
- Enderverse Series – A science fiction series that begins with a much beloved novel Ender's Game is set in space. Ender's Game follows Andrew “Ender” Wiggin, a child soldier, as he goes through training to learn how to fight the Buggers, an aggressive insect race at war with mankind. See the chronology. Buy Books in the Enderverse
- Cornish Trilogy – From Wikipedia…
The trilogy consists of The Rebel Angels (1981), What's Bred in the Bone (1985), and The Lyre of Orpheus (1988). The series explores the life and influence of Francis Cornish. In each novel, Davies looks at how underlying medieval patterns surface in modern lives.
- Dune Universe – Dune is considered one of the greatest, if not the greatest science fiction story of all time.
Set tens of thousands of years in the future, the saga chronicles a civilization which has banned computers but has also developed advanced technology and mental and physical abilities. Vital to this empire is the harsh desert planet Arrakis, only known source of the spice melange, the most valuable substance in the universe.
- Jurassic Park + Sequel – In a similar vein as Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, Jurassic Park is a cautionary science fiction tale on the dangers of meddling with biology. If you’ve seen the movie you know that the story revolves around dinosaurs being reconstructed from blood found in mosquitoes for the purpose of a building a theme park… and how it all goes disastrously wrong. The Lost World is the sequel.
- The Pendragon Adventure Series – A science fiction fantasy series that follows Bobby Pendragon who discovers he’s a Traveler, someone capable of traveling through the ten spacetime realities known as territories. With his powers he must save the universe. The series has ten books: The Merchant of Death, The Lost City of Faar, The Never War, The Reality Bug, Black Water, The Rivers of Zadaa, The Quillan Games, The Pilgrims of Rayne, Raven Rise, and The Soldiers of Halla.
- Artemis Fowl Series – A fantasy series involving fairies who live under the earth and a teenage criminal mastermind known as Artemis Fowl Junior. The boy’s a child prodigy. Ruthless even at age 11, Artemis Fowl is determined to replenish his family’s wealth by any means necessary… illegal and fantastical being the best options. Buy Artemis Fowl Books
- Books of Ember – This science fiction series starts with The City of Ember, a city underground that’s going dark and facing a food crisis. The situation is desperate and blackouts are more and more frequent with longer downtimes each time. Will Lina and Doon find means of escape before it’s too late? Or will the lights go out and never turn on again? Buy Books of Ember
All posts published in this series:
- Science Instruments Science & Medicine Antiques
- Apparel, T-Shirts Products, Non-Film Specific Star Wars Science Fiction Collectibles
- Klingons Characters Star Trek Science Fiction Collectibles
- Repros, Fantasy Items US Political Historical Memorabilia Collectibles
- Pins, Buttons Harry Potter Fantasy, Mythical & Magic Collectibles